Sunday, June 23, 2013


End of the Month Madness…!

         I am three days from approaching the one-month mark of being 2,000 miles from home.  Each week has built with more and more activity, responsibility, and relationships.  We have gotten our new Yamaha E-piano and this is my second Sunday to lead worship from behind it. There is a great servant Johannes, as 23 year-old German brother who has been helping to teach me the German. It is so fun. Thursday night we met with the pastor to plan for the next week months and the open slate of possibility and growth to take place is a growing excitement for me!  While playing soccer at a cookout last night Johannes’ friend Manuel asked me, “Isn’t is so exciting to live the Christian life? You surrender your plans to the Lord not knowing what He will do, but knowing that whatever it is always for your good!” (Ha, so much easier to say than to feel sometimes)  BUT:

“Let all that I am praise the Lord! With my whole heart I will praise His holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord. May I never forget the good things He has done for me. He forgives all of my sins and heals al of my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with tender love and mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!”
                                                                                 Psalm 103: 1-5

This morning worship was such a blessing. It was wonderful to be singing "Praise to the Lord the Almighty" and seeing an equal mix of German brothers and sisters loudly praising our God. The piano is a huge addition to the church and service- next Sunday we will begin actually having a prelude time five minutes prior to the service so that people can prepare their hearts... Old concept for us back home, especially in Baptist churches, but here in the NIC and this tiny church body, it's a new concept. Praying for favor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment