Tuesday, May 28, 2013


         I realize these first couple of posts are a bit wordy- but I did not have the chance to post until this evening! I so want you to be encouraged as I am through the testimony of fellowship and loving kindness of God through the body of Christ. Yesterday morning after running errands and saying goodbye to friends, I return to my house to find three sweet sisters and dear friends of mine waiting in my driveway. These three girls do not know each other, but happened to have come to support and pray over me at the same time. So ten minutes before I am taken to the airport, I had three dear friends and godly women send me off with prayer and written encouragement for the road. How wonderful for me, as I marvel at the graciousness of the body of Christ and the maker of it all!
         I departed Birmingham at 2pm yesterday with an inexplicable anticipation to be in a foreign land, struggling with foreign language, and loving a people I have never met. I believe this is rooted in the knowledge that no mater how far I go, I am rooted and grounded always in the loving and kind hands of my Father. He will not give me more than I can handle, and whatever is put in my path. He has proven faithful the past 26 years and I am taking an educated guess that there is no changing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment